7.02.2010

flight 606 to Manchester: ready for departure

Aiden and I were able to head up to Maine for vacation on June 15th.  Angelo stayed behind to work - poor guy seems like he is always missing out on all the fun!  Although I am assuming it was a little vacation for him too - you know, without the 2 year old and all.

Angelo dropped us off at the airport fairly early.  This allowed me some extra time to get our bags checked and make it through security without getting too frazzled since this was my first time traveling alone.  And I tend to over pack a little.  Anyone who knows me, knows I can't even go for a night or two with a small bag.  I mean really...you just never know what you might want to wear need!  So at the last minute I pulled quite a few things out of our suitcases to make them more manageable.  I think I did pretty well however it would have been even nicer had my mom notified me that she had borrowed a car seat before I struggled lugging that awkward sucker through the airport.  Thanks mom!

Here's the pilot blowing off some steam before the flight:

Boarding has now begun.

Almost ready for take-off!
+

At least now the pilot is facing the right direction now!
 

Ready for take-off and all clear for departure!

Listening to music air traffic control during the flight:

Sleeping after the flight.  You know piloting a plane is exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment