10.19.2009

The First Days


Things are going well on our end here in China. It was a long trip…very long. After only getting about two hours of sleep Thursday night, we were at TIA by 6:30 a.m. Our flight from Tampa to Washington Dulles was a short one. We left For China around 12:40 p.m. Friday afternoon and arrived in Beijing at 2:00 a.m. Florida time (2:00 p.m. Saturday Beijing time). We finally went through Customs, picked up our baggage and then went to the hotel. It was quite an interesting ride…the traffic here is erratic. You are taking your life into your own hands as a pedestrian here. It was straight to bed after that.

We met Aiden Guoqing in the lobby of the hotel at 9:30 a.m. He went to me right away and I had him laughing within minutes. He is very ticklish and I just love his smile! Day one went smoothly. He was very quiet but has an extremely sweet personality. And oh what an eater!!! I don’t think I have ever seen a child eat SO much! He’ll eat almost anything you put in front of him…and a lot of it! And as a result, I have changed several massively nasty diapers! He also had his first taste of McDonald’s although I don’t think he cared much for it and he really didn’t like his sip of Coke and immediately spit it all back out. After lunch, we had to have some pictures taken for his paperwork.

It’s now Monday and he is still the same sweet little boy. He had a crying spell last night when he woke up. I am not sure if he had a bad dream or just didn’t realize where he was. It was over pretty quickly and I am hoping that was the one and only! He has been much more interactive today. And he is really enjoying Lisa’s DVD player and his Sesame Street videos. It’s cute to see him dancing to the music. We went to the Civil Affairs office to finalize some paperwork and officially make me his momma. Tomorrow we will get to do some shopping and he has to have his TB test done in the afternoon. We’ll probably have a few tears after that but I’m sure they’ll clear up quickly.

All in all we are having lots of fun with Aiden. He is quite cute and I am just in love with him! And I can’t believe we get to keep him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment