10.29.2009

Goodbye Beijing




Tonight we say goodbye to Beijing. Our flight to Guangzhou is at 9:15 tomorrow morning. We are all ready to move on to the next phase which brings us one step closer to home! I am feeling much better and have not had a temperature all day however my dad has been suffering all day from a head cold and the dreaded diarrhea. He had a fever throughout most of the day but it is back to normal…for now. Aiden also seems to be starting to have the dreaded diarrhea as well. My mom refuses to catch any of it but she just realized that she had been sharing some of her drinks with Aiden. And who can resist kissing that sweet boy!!!

Today my mom and I went to the Hongqiao market. I had a great time haggling with the vendors which is kind of out of nature for me. My mom is usually the haggler and always manages to get the best bargains. Upon entering the market, I guess I quickly snapped into the game. The place was not crowded at all and we were just magnets as we walked by each booth. One of the first vendors we lingered at was quite aggressive and actually cornered me in his booth and then grabbed my arm and wouldn’t let go of me so that I could leave. All in all it was fun though with everyone saying “hey lady…just looking” instead of “hey lady, come look”!

I am definitely ready to leave Beijing…we all are. I will always remember this city fondly as the place where I finally met my beautiful son. I know in my heart that he is just perfect and was meant to be mine. So, so long Beijing but a part of you will always be with us….

No comments:

Post a Comment